Definition of watercress in English:
A cress that grows in running water and whose pungent leaves are used in salad.
- Nasturtium officinale, family Brassicaceae
- Edible plants for your pond include watercress, water chestnuts, and arrowhead or Wapato.
- Jobs in one of Hampshire's most distinctive industries, watercress growing, are under threat from government proposals.
- Most aquatic plants prefer calm water, with the exception of watercress, which seems to prefer moving water.
Words that rhyme with watercressletterpress • shirtdress
Definition of watercress in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan