Definition of waterleaf in English:
A North American woodland plant with bell-shaped flowers and leaves that appear to be stained with water.
- Genus Hydrophyllum, family Hydrophyllaceae
- The wildflowers, many of which bloom in May, include waterleaf, wild ginger, red trillium, Jack-in-the-pulpit, smooth and woolly blue violet, Solomon's seal, false Solomon's seal, and enchanter's nightshade.
- Wildflowers include miner's lettuce, lacepod, a buttercup, and the showy fiesta flower (a member of the same family as waterleaf).
- Goldenseal root is always bright yellow on the inside, whereas Canadian waterleaf is not.
Definition of waterleaf in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia