Definition of wearing in English:
Mentally or physically tiring.
- Fishing the bigger French lakes can be physically wearing and damned hard work.
- Asked if the lack of recuperation time between the seasons is a wearing experience, Foster gives a definitive yes.
- What might be a lot of fun at a rum-fuelled street party makes for a sometimes wearing experience in other contexts.
- Example sentences
- Elsewhere, she puns wearingly on phrases like ‘doing it’ and ‘coming’, like a demented 14-year-old boy.
- At the end, we were left with the unasked question: which are more wearingly tedious, secret loonies who try to walk through walls or whiny conspiracists who live to discover them?
- It is wearingly self-indulgent in the way its author recounts every strategy, replays every achievement, extols every ally.
Words that rhyme with wearingairing, ballbearing, bearing, Behring, Bering, caring, daring, fairing, file-sharing, hardwearing, pairing, paring, raring, sparing, Waring
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan