- A balloon equipped with meteorological apparatus that is sent into the atmosphere to provide information about the weather.More example sentences
- The launch team had noted what NASA describes as ‘marginal’ wind conditions during the countdown, and wanted to double-check the data against information from a final weather balloon.
- On arriving there Peter and Chris got out of the vans and sent up a weather balloon to watch the wind direction.
- The Port Elizabeth weather office said there wasn't a weather balloon in that area and no calls reporting UFOs had been received.
More definitions of weather balloonDefinition of weather balloon in:
- The British & World English dictionary