Definition of webbed in English:
1(Of the feet of a swimming bird or other aquatic animal) having the toes connected by a membrane.
- The little seabird nests high in coastal forests, a fact that had eluded ornithologists until several years ago, when a bird with webbed feet flopped out of a felled tree.
- The beaver has specialized aquatic features such as webbed feet, nostrils and ears that can close under water, membranes that cover the eyes under water, and a broad, flat, scaly tail.
- The bird's webbed feet, angled upward, skim across the water.
1.1 Medicine (Of fingers or toes) abnormally united for all or part of their length by a fold of skin.
- Facial deformities are common, along with webbed feet and hands.
- Surgery may be performed to separate webbed fingers or toes.
- I grew up being teased about my toes, which appear to be webbed.
2(Of a band or strip of tough material) made from webbing or similar fabric: a heavy webbed strap
More example sentences
- Some in the entourage had covered their faces with flags or hoods, some wore uniforms, and some had strapped webbed belts with green cartridge cases over their jeans.
- Covering the webbed seat with inexpensive toweling renders this stool pool- or patio-worthy while the interior provides a spot to stow toys and picnic supplies.
Definition of webbed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan