1An original episode derived from a television series, made for online viewing.
- Finally there are "webisodes" which are 2-3 minute flash episodes made for the internet (produced in 2000), as well as trailers for other Columbia television shows on DVD.
- To hear Johnson tell it, last summer he hit upon the idea of offering online Bridges webisodes that would lead to a cliff hanger resolved at the start of the next Friday-night show.
- Average Joe interest in advertising continues to rise, whether it be a Jerry Seinfeld Webisode or a TV spot touting fried chicken as part of a healthy diet.
1.1An online video that presents an original short film or promotes a product, movie, or television series.
- The original plan was to create several 10 - minute "Webisodes" for the now-defunct Digital Entertainment Network, a streaming-video Web site.
- The fine lads at Empire promise to run a new scene/clip/webisode from the production every day this week and we've got the first one - along with the trailer - below the break.
- Burnett produced a series of more than 100 Webisodes, or short Web-based films, that followed Army recruits through basic training
1990s: blend of Web and episode.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of webisode in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.