2Used in names of tree and shrub varieties with drooping branches, e.g., weeping cherry.
More example sentences
- The tree photographed here, a fine old weeping variety, is among the five dozen kinds of flowering cherries in the arboretum's collection.
- I watched the weeping trees flow with the wind; this place - where we mourned - it's more like a heaven on earth.
- But under the canopy of the weeping tree these scars will never show.
- More example sentences
- Despite the serious and sometimes shocking issues he tackles, Chenoweth, at times, is weepingly funny.
Definition of weeping in:
- The British & World English dictionary