A Eurasian willow with trailing branches and foliage reaching down to the ground, widely grown as an ornamental in waterside settings.
- Genus Salix, family Salicaceae: several species and hybrids, in particular S. babylonica
More example sentences
- We glide beneath arched stone-and-ironwork bridges, under the reaches of weeping willows, their branches bowed into the astonishingly clear water.
- I created another area of mystery by cutting an arch into the branches of a weeping willow.
- On the other side of the stream, there was a stone bench sitting under an old weeping willow tree, whose branches came down to the ground, except in the front, facing the stream.
Definition of weeping willow in:
- The British & World English dictionary