(also weever fish)
Definition of weever in English:
A small, long-bodied fish with eyes at the top of the head and venomous dorsal spines. It occurs along European Atlantic coasts, typically buried in the sand with just the eyes and spines protruding.
- Family Trachinidae: several genera and species
- All weevers have venomous spines on their back and on the gill-covers.
- Pectoral fin on upper side has black tip thought to mimic dorsal fin of venomous weever fish to deter predators.
- When disturbed, weevers erect a dark-colored and highly venomous dorsal spine.
Words that rhyme with weeverachiever, believer, cleaver, deceiver, diva, Eva, fever, Geneva, griever, heaver, leaver, lever, Neva, perceiver, receiver, reiver, reliever, retriever, Shiva, underachiever, viva, weaver
Definition of weever in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.