An Asian flowering shrub of the honeysuckle family, that has pink, red, or yellow flowers and is a popular ornamental.
- Genus Weigela, family Caprifoliaceae: several species, in particular W. florida
More example sentences
- Good candidates are aucuba, barberry, forsythia, holly, honey-suckle, hydrangea, spirraea, weigela and even roses.
- Plants which will give year-round interest but don't require much work include berberis verruculosa, weigela, euonymus, hebe, kniphofia, and Arum italicum.
- After his tour he officially opened the glasshouses by unveiling a simple plaque and was then presented with a weigela shrub, part of a unique collection now housed in the gardens.
modern Latin, named after Christian E. Weigel (1748–1831), German physician.
Definition of weigela in:
- The British & World English dictionary