- The two metals are welded together under heat and pressure.
- The artist was seen welding bits of metal together.
- Accordingly, the bottom of the bucket is cut out and replaced with new steel plate, welding it into position.
- It was, however, in the second act, when Mr Luscombe welded his somewhat disparate cast into a coherent and effective whole, that his skill as a director became apparent.
- The effect was to weld moral and political science into a new social science.
- The director's vision must embrace myth and reality, welding them into a seamless whole.
- This process is quite common for making welds for making watertight joints for tanks, etc.
- Resistance welding is used to join titanium and titanium alloy sheet by either spot welds or continuous seam welds.
- The weaker parts generally tend to be the welds, particularly at flange joints.
- Example sentences
- Total cost of making a casting is affected by required heat treatment and by weldability and machinability.
- Applications are becoming increasingly apparent where weldability is not a primary requirement.
- Furthermore, the steels have a low carbon content, which improves the weldability and reduces stresses arising from transformation.
- Example sentences
- The coatings are weldable and impervious to automotive and hydraulic fluids.
- Heat treatable aluminum alloys that can be welded effectively are being developed as weldable armor, making it possible to employ more forged and extruded armor components.
- Repairs by welding are limited to steels having known weldable quality.
Late 16th century (in the sense 'become united'): alteration (probably influenced by the past participle) of well2 in the obsolete sense 'melt or weld (heated metal)'.
Words that rhyme with weldbeheld, eld, geld, held, meld, self-propelled, upheld, withheld
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.