Definition of welfare work in English:
Organized effort to promote the basic physical and material well-being of people in need.
- The spokesman of the organisation said that welfare work would be done along with the people of other communities.
- In the mid-1980s he did part-time child welfare work and health care research while studying for a Master's degree in Public Administration at Dalhousie University.
- So it was a very interesting time, and I was right up to my neck in social welfare work.
welfare worker noun
- Example sentences
- Each Army unit has a soldier assigned as a welfare worker.
- My saving grace came in the form of a social welfare worker who recognised that I was a good father.
- When the welfare worker finished, several people booed.
Definition of welfare work in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan