Definition of well rounded in English:
1Having a smooth, curved shape: well-rounded quartz pebbles
More example sentences
- The quartz grains are well-rounded and often show frosted, pitted surface textures.
- Some junctions between slabs are also marked by isolated well-rounded cobbles and pebbles of quartzite.
- The lowest layer of valley-filling debris includes well-rounded rocks ranging in size from pebbles to boulders.
1.1(Of a person) plump.
- Yet the whole point of citing Monroe was that she had a well-rounded figure, demonstrating that it's not only OK but sexy to be big in hips or tummy.
- Girls, boys, old people - even the famously well-rounded female population of Fiji is falling victim to fat fears.
1.2Pleasingly varied or balanced: a dry, robust, well-rounded wine
More example sentences
- The book does not give precedent to any particular period of Abbey's life, instead providing a well-rounded overview of his varied experiences.
- The Japanese track sounds louder, more aggressive, with the dialogue being significantly louder and more distinct, well-rounded and pleasing bass levels.
- One way to make sure you're getting all the protein you need is to add whey protein to your other protein sources to provide a well-rounded balance.
1.3(Of a person) having a personality that is fully developed in all aspects.
- It was important not to concentrate wholly on the academic but to develop well-rounded people, while the academic aspects were also very important.
- However, there is a determined emphasis on developing well-rounded individuals.
- ‘The school enables children to develop as mature, well-rounded individuals with respect and care for others,’ inspectors concluded.
1.5(Of an education) covering well the necessary areas of instruction.
- The school opened its doors in 1999, and at present, there are nearly 300 children from the Eldoret area getting a well-rounded education.
- Within any national education system, whether here in Australia, the UK or anywhere in the world, the arts are not necessary only as an autonomous part of a well-rounded education.
- Since both programs enable students to go part-time, and make sure students have practical internship/job experiences, students receive a well-rounded education.
Definition of well rounded in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan