Definition of well traveled in English:
1(Of a person) having traveled widely.
- There are a lot of very interesting, very smart, very well-traveled people here, people with a lot of experience doing the kind of work I want to do.
- I am a well travelled American and have personally observed this numerous times on my world travels.
- The well-traveled person ‘knows’ distant places and, thus, has often gained new insight into his/her place of origin.
2(Of a route) much frequented by travelers.
- The stairs leading from the servants level to ground were well-travelled routes, with untold scores of menials scurrying to and fro between their masters and duties.
- The trails (most of them traditional, well-traveled routes used in Igloolik for generations) were mainly mapped while traveling, using the track function of a portable GPS unit.
- Of the 37 trails, 23 correspond to traditional, well-traveled routes, while the trail from Igloolik to the floe edge varies slightly from year to year.
Definition of well traveled in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan