- A castrated ram.More example sentences
- Most adult sheep were wethers (castrated rams) raised mainly for wool.
- In Trial 3, the effects of corn smut on the in vivo digestibility of high corn silage diets were determined with mature Hampshire-cross wethers.
- They brought with them 350 ewes, 45 wethers, ten bullocks, six heifers, one bull, four horses, and a number of goats and some poultry.
Old English, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch weer and German Widder.
More definitions of wetherDefinition of wether in:
- The British & World English dictionary