- 1A long rowboat with a bow at either end for easy maneuverability, formerly used in whaling.More example sentences
- They fashion small-scale versions of yachts, whaleboats, and other vessels that are perfect in every detail.
- Gosnell Hall, the largest room in the museum, contains a skeleton of a forty-six-foot-long sperm whale, a thirty-foot-long whaleboat, whaling tools, and ship captains' portraits.
- When he retired from the sea in 1870 he returned to Bequia and set up whaling ‘companies ‘consisting of four whaleboats and about 26 men per company.’
More definitions of whaleboatDefinition of whaleboat in:
- The British & World English dictionary