nounchiefly • historical
- A person who makes or repairs wooden wheels.More example sentences
- Isaac was a wheelwright and wood turner and probably worked with his father in the spinning-wheel shop.
- Some wheelwrights would get the local blacksmith to make the tyres (entire rim of steel) the blacksmith would then ‘shoe’ the wheels, sometimes in batches of ten or twelve, one after the other.
- It was started by the Barrett family and until 1932 it was the home of ironfounders, wheelwrights, millwrights and general engineers.
More definitions of wheelwrightDefinition of wheelwright in:
- The British & World English dictionary