Definition of wheezy in English:
Making the sound of a person wheezing: a wheezy laugh
More example sentences
- The bike sounds awful too: a terrible, wheezy, clattering sound - like an old washing machine.
- Sometimes it's really easy, and I reference the sample bank in my head of wheezy sounds, or tick tocks or whatever.
- I chat to one guy on the phone whose voice is so husky and his chest sounds wheezy if he talks for long.
- Example sentences
- Yet we crawl over wrecks, clamber over line-strewn reefs and drift in limited visibility into God knows what, while breathing wheezily from our single cylinder.
- Struggling to close the front door, I crawled up the stairs wheezily.
- The fire, which had appeared to be dead, crackled and spat, and the cat sighed wheezily again.
Words that rhyme with wheezybreezy, cheesy, easy, easy-peasy, Kesey, Parcheesi, queasy, sleazy, Zambezi
Definition of wheezy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.