Definition of wheezy in English:
Making the sound of a person wheezing: a wheezy laugh
More example sentences
- The bike sounds awful too: a terrible, wheezy, clattering sound - like an old washing machine.
- Sometimes it's really easy, and I reference the sample bank in my head of wheezy sounds, or tick tocks or whatever.
- I chat to one guy on the phone whose voice is so husky and his chest sounds wheezy if he talks for long.
- Example sentences
- Yet we crawl over wrecks, clamber over line-strewn reefs and drift in limited visibility into God knows what, while breathing wheezily from our single cylinder.
- Struggling to close the front door, I crawled up the stairs wheezily.
- The fire, which had appeared to be dead, crackled and spat, and the cat sighed wheezily again.
Words that rhyme with wheezybreezy, cheesy, easy, easy-peasy, Kesey, Parcheesi, queasy, sleazy, Zambezi
Definition of wheezy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan