- Sometimes mothers will really put up a fuss about me taking their new whelps and putting them in a puppy box.
1.2A boy or young man (often as a disparaging form of address).
- I remember your little friend shoving you into one before she because a pincushion, and you blasted me from there, you little whelp.
- What I want to know Nago is if that whelp of a boy is going through with his orders.
- It was directed at those same teachers and bourgeois parents whose sanctions and strictures many of us young whelps so deeply resented.
(Of a female dog) give birth to (a puppy): Copper whelped seven puppies [no object]: a bitch due to whelp
More example sentences
- Not all shih-tzu mothers do what they are suppose to do, and in these cases, a breeder must act quickly to save the newly whelped shih-tzu puppy.
- If more than four contractures there may be a problem if the Shih Tzu puppy has not been whelped.
- It was the first outing for both of these young brindle bitches which were whelped in February and March 02.
- (Of a female dog) pregnant.Example sentences
- Hohenbruck, Thornton's first German shorthaired pointer, arrived in Missoula in whelp.
- Its over hour drive there and back - with her being in whelp don't think that is good idea.
- After 65 days and what I thought was a bitch in whelp, has turned out to be a full blown phantom pregnancy.
Old English hwelp (noun), of Germanic origin; related to Dutch welp and German Welf.
Words that rhyme with whelphelp, kelp, yelp
Definition of whelp in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.