- The watery part of milk that remains after the formation of curds.More example sentences
- Skimmed milk and whey are the other main ingredients, plain water being used instead for purely vegetable brands.
- Butter-milk, skimmed milk and whey were also drunk but probably not in such great quantity at a feast.
- All are made without the dairy derivatives lactose, butterfat, milk, whey and casein.
Old English hwæg, hweg, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch wei.
More definitions of wheyDefinition of whey in:
- The British & World English dictionary