Definition of whimbrel in English:
A small migratory curlew of northern Eurasia and northern Canada, with a striped crown and a trilling call.
- Numenius phaeopus, family Scolopacidae
- There were 29 Hudsonian godwits, several whimbrels, 2 dunlins, greater shearwaters and black tern.
- Other prominent shorebirds are the whimbrels and godwits.
- Spotted redshank share their forest-marsh nesting grounds with wood sandpipers, greenshank, whimbrel, jack snipe and broad-billed sandpipers.
Words that rhyme with whimbreltimbrel
Definition of whimbrel in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan