- A parasitic nematode worm with a stout posterior and slender anterior part, especially one that infests the intestines of domestic animals.
More example sentences
- Genus Trichuris, class Aphasmida (or Adenophorea)
- He came up with the idea after noticing that a rise in cases of IBD coincided with a drop in infections caused by roundworms and human whipworms.
- These parasites, such as roundworm, hookworm and whipworm, are found in the soil in some areas and spread through ingestion of infected soil or through the soles of bare feet.
- For example, transmission of roundworm, whipworm and hookworm requires a warm wet environment to ensure survival of eggs or larvae in soil that is contaminated with human faeces.
More definitions of whipwormDefinition of whipworm in:
- The British & World English dictionary