noun• informal , chiefly North American
- A helicopter.More example sentences
- No wonder generals and presidents are so partial to whirlybirds.
- Although Monaco is only nine miles distant from Nice - the handiest airport - there is something deeply exhilarating about disembarking from a plane and then rushing toward a waiting whirlybird instead of a boring old hire car.
- Latitudes and Attitudes does an all-day heli-hike, starting with whirlybird sightseeing over Haleakala and ending with a 15-mile catered hike from Kaupo Gap through the volcano's crater.
More definitions of whirlybirdDefinition of whirlybird in:
- The British & World English dictionary