- A gallery or dome with acoustic properties such that a faint sound may be heard around its entire circumference.More example sentences
- On a quieter day I could have whispered to someone positioned diametrically opposite me thirty yards across the room - whispering galleries best reflect sounds of higher wavelengths - but with so many people there was no definition.
- The dome boasts a famous whispering gallery and Perry - one of the greatest sound magicians of the modern recording studio - had been checking out the natural 300-year-old acoustic marvel of Sir Christopher Wren.
- I'd not been there in years, and back then I only made it as far as the whispering gallery.
More definitions of whispering galleryDefinition of whispering gallery in:
- The British & World English dictionary