A bird of the North American race of the tundra swan, breeding in northern Canada and overwintering on the coasts of the US.
- Cygnus columbianus columbianus, family Anatidae
More example sentences
- Waterfowl that can be found here include Canada goose, yellow-billed loon, arctic loon, red-throated loon, tundra swan, whistling swan, snow goose, oldsquaw duck and sea ducks.
- The law protects the whistling swans in their winter homes.
- Along the stream headed towards Nagano, there is an area where whistling swans have recently been making their stopovers.
Definition of whistling swan in:
- The British & World English dictionary