- 1A white belt worn by a beginner in judo or karate.More example sentences
- And one must not forget the half dozen individuals who have trained with us regularly for several years and still wear white belts, thanks to our ‘no grading’ policy.
- The protégé of Bruce Lee and a black belt in many martial arts, he is always the first to tie on a white belt and try something that he is not good at.
- At first of course, I had a white belt, and when I attained a higher grade, I took it home and dyed it.
- 1.1A person wearing a white belt in judo or karate.More example sentences
- Group 1 consists of white belts that have just started Judo training or have been in training for no more than one month.
- There were evenings when we had only black belts; white belts would come in, but they would usually drop right out.
- As a white belt (starting over in a new Shorin Ryu style of karate), I am not in the position to do that kind of thing.
More definitions of white beltDefinition of white belt in:
- The British & World English dictionary