Definition of white cedar in English:
A North American tree of the cypress family.
- Thuja and other genera, family Cupressaceae: several species, in particular the northern white cedar (T. occidentalis), which yields timber and medicinal oil
- The view should be almost a monochrome of the dark greens of Atlantic white cedar and cypress.
- Plants affected by deer overgrazing include trees, such as eastern hemlock and white cedar, and wildflowers, particularly trilliums, orchids, and lilies, reports Rooney.
- Mike Bryant, who manages the Alligator River and Pea Island wildlife refuges on the North Carolina coast, has a stack of tasks as tall as the white cedars he works in.
Definition of white cedar in:
- British & World English dictionary