Definition of white cedar in English:
A North American tree of the cypress family.
- Thuja and other genera, family Cupressaceae: several species, in particular the northern white cedar (T. occidentalis), which yields timber and medicinal oil
- The view should be almost a monochrome of the dark greens of Atlantic white cedar and cypress.
- Plants affected by deer overgrazing include trees, such as eastern hemlock and white cedar, and wildflowers, particularly trilliums, orchids, and lilies, reports Rooney.
- Mike Bryant, who manages the Alligator River and Pea Island wildlife refuges on the North Carolina coast, has a stack of tasks as tall as the white cedars he works in.
Definition of white cedar in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia