A long white protective garment worn by doctors, hospital attendants, and laboratory workers.
- He looked up to see a doctor in a long white coat walking towards him.
- The white coat of one of the medics is spattered with blood.
- Nurses and doctors in white coats were running in and out of rooms, while still trying to maintain quiet around the waiting room.
men in white coats
- humorous Psychiatrists or psychiatric workers (used to imply that someone is mad or mentally unbalanced): I think the men in white coats will be calling soonMore example sentences
- They'd probably have rung the men in white coats to take me away.
- She even squeezed out a slim book on the subject before the men in white coats came for her.
- The father becomes enraged at the son and has to be dragged away himself by men in white coats.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: white coat
Definition of white coat in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.