Definition of white fir in English:
A North American fir that has a whitish coloration on both sides of its flat needles. White firs are common in the mountainous coastal areas of California, the Sierra Nevada, and the southern Rockies.
- Abies concolor, family Pinaceae
- Like balsam fir, white fir is relatively difficult to establish in plantations, and growth after planting is often very irregular.
- Over the hilly five acres grow native black oak, incense cedar, white fir and Coulter, knobcone, sugar and ponderosa pines.
- Randy and Jan and John Paul roar off in a borrowed ranger pickup parked under the big white fir by the hose rack.
Definition of white fir in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan