Definition of white fir in English:
A North American fir that has a whitish coloration on both sides of its flat needles. White firs are common in the mountainous coastal areas of California, the Sierra Nevada, and the southern Rockies.
- Abies concolor, family Pinaceae
- Like balsam fir, white fir is relatively difficult to establish in plantations, and growth after planting is often very irregular.
- Over the hilly five acres grow native black oak, incense cedar, white fir and Coulter, knobcone, sugar and ponderosa pines.
- Randy and Jan and John Paul roar off in a borrowed ranger pickup parked under the big white fir by the hose rack.
Definition of white fir in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.