Definition of white-footed mouse in English:
A common deer mouse with white feet, found in the US and Mexico.
- Peromyscus leucopus, family Muridae
- Some rodents, especially the deer mouse, rice rat, white-footed mouse and cotton rat, may carry hantaviruses.
- Little loggers make a big difference: the tastes of two small rodents - the meadow vole and the white-footed mouse - can determine what trees grow in a forest
- And meadow voles, by excluding white-footed mice from some habitats, may reduce the risk of Lyme disease, which is carried by ticks that feed off these mice.
Definition of white-footed mouse in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.