Definition of white-footed mouse in English:
A common deer mouse with white feet, found in the US and Mexico.
- Peromyscus leucopus, family Muridae
- Some rodents, especially the deer mouse, rice rat, white-footed mouse and cotton rat, may carry hantaviruses.
- Little loggers make a big difference: the tastes of two small rodents - the meadow vole and the white-footed mouse - can determine what trees grow in a forest
- And meadow voles, by excluding white-footed mice from some habitats, may reduce the risk of Lyme disease, which is carried by ticks that feed off these mice.
Definition of white-footed mouse in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan