- 1Large electrical goods used domestically such as refrigerators and washing machines, typically white in color. Compare with brown goods.More example sentences
- Trade Appliances was started in 1988, with Fawsitt selling end-of-the-line white goods such as washing machines and cookers from the back of his van to the trade - hence the name.
- Dixons is likely to echo the tough retail environment for brown and white goods and also for electronic items such as personal computers and mobile phones.
- The price includes a pool, pool heater and white goods but does not include furniture.
More definitions of white goodsDefinition of white goods in:
- The British & World English dictionary