- (Especially of a vehicle, boat, or airplane ride) causing excitement or tension.More example sentences
- As a result, the simple roundabout - a peculiarly British invention that works on the principle of courtesy - has become a white-knuckle ride of fear.
- The park's new white-knuckle ride, the Cliff Hanger, has been the centre of a row in recent months because of its colour scheme.
- Once he has entered into his position, the white-knuckle ride and nail biting begins.
1970s: with reference to the effect caused by gripping tightly to steady oneself.
More definitions of white-knuckleDefinition of white-knuckle in:
- The British & World English dictionary