Definition of white list in English:
A list of people or products viewed with approval. Compare with blacklist.
- The technology uses a mixture of blacklist rules, white lists (for known good applications) and stateful tracking to protect systems.
- There is a list of the basic licensing conditions which will be entitled to exemption, a white list of other permissible clauses, and a black list of impermissible clauses.
- The so-called white list accepts e-mail only from a list of approved contacts.
verb[with object] (white-list) Back to top
Place on a white list: it is not possible to whitelist specific users based on their email address or domain name
More example sentences
- Reviewing your Graymail is important when you first begin using SpamAssassin, and if you find any messages improperly captured, you can deliver and white list those senders.
Definition of white list in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan