Definition of white magic in English:
Magic used only for good purposes.
- Working within the confining definitions of black and white magic, this would be a black magic spell.
- Within Africa, even in highly urbanised and Christianised areas, there exists a wide variety of traditional belief systems that focus on casting and combating spells, essentially forms of black and white magic.
- In these pieces Umbanda was usually described as ‘a sect that practices black and white magic, as well as exotic rituals.’
- white magician noun
- Example sentences
- Both black magicians and white magicians can be found in Bali, and are widely distributed throughout the island.
- The white magician has to decide that the group cause is what is important.
- Rescue comes in the beneficent form of kindly white magicians, that is, white in the sense of being for good, for doing good to people of course.
Definition of white magic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.