Definition of white pine in English:
Any of a number of coniferous trees with whitish timber, in particular.
- ● A North American tree that yields high-quality timber that is valued for intricate work (Pinus strobus, family Pinaceae). ● The kahikatea.
- The Tree of Peace, a great white pine, is believed by the Iroquois to have been planted by the Peacemaker, who originally inspired the formation of the Iroquois Confederacy centuries before.
- They name all of the different medicine trees, and they say the great white pine is a symbol of the Great Law of the Great Peace.
- Because white pine is very sensitive to time of shearing, small white pine should be given top priority in the shearing schedule.
Definition of white pine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.