Definition of white pine in English:
Any of a number of coniferous trees with whitish timber, in particular.
- ● A North American tree that yields high-quality timber that is valued for intricate work (Pinus strobus, family Pinaceae). ● The kahikatea.
- The Tree of Peace, a great white pine, is believed by the Iroquois to have been planted by the Peacemaker, who originally inspired the formation of the Iroquois Confederacy centuries before.
- They name all of the different medicine trees, and they say the great white pine is a symbol of the Great Law of the Great Peace.
- Because white pine is very sensitive to time of shearing, small white pine should be given top priority in the shearing schedule.
Definition of white pine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan