Definition of white poplar in English:
A Eurasian poplar with lobed leaves that are white underneath and gray-green above. Also called abele.
- Populus alba, family Salicaceae
- In the white poplar, a broad shade tree in their grandparents' yard, Louise and Elizabeth climbed, swung, and hid.
- Regular application of Ca 2 + in the nutrient solution was shown to improve survival after freezing in both the freezing-tolerant white poplar and the susceptible hornbeam.
- White poplar is found in forty-three states throughout the contiguous U.S.
Definition of white poplar in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia