- A North American spruce with yellow-green or blue-green needles and cylindrical cones, found principally in Canada.
More example sentences
- Picea glauca, family Pinaceae
- Only such hardy species as aspen, black and white spruce, Labrador tea, and tamarack can withstand such conditions - which they do by actively transporting water out of their living cells at the start of winter.
- The shoot elongation ended in the first week of August, which is typical of most white spruce at other sites.
- This year's tree, a 67-year-old, 74-foot white spruce hails from Ottawa National Forest in Michigan and was decorated with several thousand handmade ornaments representing the tree's home state.