1A wipeable board with a white surface used for teaching or presentations.
- On one wall is an ‘operations board’ - a whiteboard with a map of the village scrawled on it showing the extent of the flooding.
- Software-based command centres have taken over the type of duties that would have involved blackboards, whiteboards and flip charts, and replaced them with an electronic data management tool.
- I wish most presenters would use a simple on-screen slide show, or old-style film slides, or an overhead projector, or a whiteboard or flip chart!
1.1 (also interactive whiteboard) Computing An area on a display screen common to several users, on which they can write and draw.
- Some of the objects you'll find include folders, documents, whiteboards and URL links.
- There's also integrated Bluetooth, which can be used to connect to other Zodiacs for shared whiteboard applications, messaging, and wireless multiplayer gaming.
- The school is incredibly well resourced with a computer suite, dedicated library area and interactive whiteboards.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of whiteboard in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.