noun (plural same or whiteflies)
- A minute winged bug covered with powdery white wax, damaging plants by feeding on the sap and coating them with honeydew.
More example sentences
- Family Aleyrodidae, suborder Homoptera: numerous genera and species
- Mealybugs, aphids and whiteflies also eliminate honeydew, creating ideal conditions for sooty mold.
- Yet those little bumps are indeed insects, related to aphids, whiteflies, and jumping plant lice.
- In addition, oils disrupt feeding by insects such as flea beetles, whiteflies, and aphids without necessarily killing them.
More definitions of whiteflyDefinition of whitefly in:
- The British & World English dictionary