(also white-tailed deer or whitetail)
- A reddish to grayish American deer with white on the belly and the underside of the tail.
More example sentences
- Odocoileus virginianus, family Cervidae
- I've taken an even dozen whitetail and mule deer bucks at ranges from 20 meters to a full 80, all of which were one-shot kills.
- Cattle, sheep, and goats can thrive on actively managed landscapes, as can pronghorn antelope and whitetail deer.
- There should be whitetail and mule deer in abundance, and this is the most likely place to spot a golden eagle.