Definition of whitewall in English:
1 (also whitewall tire) A tire with a white stripe around the outside, or a white sidewall.
- There is was, a white sleek long limousine shined to perfection, the whitewalls of the tires sparkling in the dust of the road.
- As a result, excessive chrome, fins, and wide whitewalls became synonymous with what it meant to be an American.
- With its big cushiony seat and gigantic whitewall tires I could ride over curbs and not even feel it.
2 [as modifier] North American Denoting a haircut in which the sides of the head are shaved and the top and back are left longer.
- He's got an unflattering, Lyle Lovett-like haircut with whitewalls on the sides, and a trio of lines between his eyes as deep as the Marianas Trench.
Definition of whitewall in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.