- An abscess in the soft tissue near a fingernail or toenail.More example sentences
- Herpetic whitlow is an HSV infection of the fingers and toes and may represent a primary infection or a secondary recurrence of type 1 or 2 HSV infection.
- Another causes whitlows on fingers, feet, knees and shoulders.
- I should have remembered, as a dental colleague has just reminded me, what a problem herpetic whitlows used to be in our dental undergraduates before they were made to wear gloves.
More definitions of whitlowDefinition of whitlow in:
- The British & World English dictionary