A CT scan of the torso, especially one obtained for health screening purposes.
More example sentences
- Osman opted to try a ‘true whole body scan’ on the patient to evaluate his condition.
- That's still a small individual risk, but probably not worth taking for the limited value of these whole body scans.
- And I'll certainly not have a whole body scan with helical CT.
whole body scanning
- More example sentences
- Meanwhile, on the other side of the former Iron Curtain, US contributors describe the growing fashion for whole body scanning.
- One advantage of the present invention is that it enables both tomographic and whole body scanning to be performed with a single table.
- The technique allows efficient whole body scanning for fast screening of abnormalities.