Definition of whooping crane in English:
A large mainly white crane with a trumpeting call, breeding in central Canada and now endangered.
- Grus americana, family Gruidae
- Peregrine falcons, whooping cranes, piping plovers, black-capped vireos and Bachman's warblers are just some of the better known of these species.
- The trumpet manucode belongs to a diverse group of about sixty species of birds, including trumpeter swans and whooping cranes, that have dramatically elongated windpipes.
- ‘California condors, whooping cranes, California sea otters, and many other species have also significantly increased their numbers,’ he said.
Definition of whooping crane in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.