Definition of whooping crane in English:
A large mainly white crane with a trumpeting call, breeding in central Canada and now endangered.
- Grus americana, family Gruidae
- Peregrine falcons, whooping cranes, piping plovers, black-capped vireos and Bachman's warblers are just some of the better known of these species.
- The trumpet manucode belongs to a diverse group of about sixty species of birds, including trumpeter swans and whooping cranes, that have dramatically elongated windpipes.
- ‘California condors, whooping cranes, California sea otters, and many other species have also significantly increased their numbers,’ he said.
Definition of whooping crane in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan