Definition of wicketkeeper in English:
A fielder stationed close behind a batsman’s wicket and typically equipped with gloves and pads.
- The team consists of five all-rounders, six specialist batsmen, two wicketkeepers and five strike bowlers.
- So teams can pick seven batsmen and five bowlers or, in India's case, seven batsmen and a wicketkeeper.
- Has there ever been a Test match where both wicketkeepers have stumped each other?
- Example sentences
- The selectors, of course, would have looked at his wicketkeeping, rather than his batting, as the core reason for choosing him.
- You were a fast bowler before you decided to take up wicketkeeping.
- The Bears' fielding and wicketkeeping have always held their own in the SuperSport series, but Border desperately need big scores to complement their fine bowling attack.
Words that rhyme with wicketkeepertimekeeper
Definition of wicketkeeper in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India