- An offensive player who is positioned at a distance from the end and is used primarily as a pass receiver.More example sentences
- Starting quarterbacks, wide receivers and running backs were ineligible for consideration.
- But learning to play with your cornerbacks covering passes to wide receivers will take time.
- In addition to linebacker, Peterson can play defensive end or cover wide receivers.
More definitions of wide receiverDefinition of wide receiver in:
- The British & World English dictionary