Definition of widget in English:
- Gadgets and widgets and all that cool stuff that make life easier, or at least more fun, that's what I want to write about.
- As you get deeper into turkeys, you'll find an almost infinite number of widgets, gadgets and gimmicks for turkey hunters.
- Prior to stamping and polymer clay and all the other gadgets and widgets we have today, we had paints and canvas.
- The days when developers would sit at a text editor manually arranging buttons, listboxes and other widgets by brain power alone are pretty much gone.
- For example, if the feature could be turned on an off via a checkbox widget, that information was included in the description along with whether the checkbox was selected or not selected by default.
- Behind your widget website there is a large database of widgets.
1930s: perhaps an alteration of gadget.
The widget is first recorded in the 1920s in the USA, in the general sense ‘a small gadget’, and is probably an alteration of gadget. In the early 1990s a widget became a specific sort of device used in some beer cans to introduce nitrogen into the beer, giving it a creamy head.
Words that rhyme with widgetBridget, digit, fidget
Definition of widget in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.