Definition of wiggler in English:
1.1 Physics A magnet designed to make a beam of particles in an accelerator follow a sinusoidal path, in order to increase the amount of radiation they produce.
- The wiggler converts the electron beam power into laser light.
- As electrons used to create the laser beam are steered from the linear accelerator around a curve to a wiggler where the laser beam is produced, the electrons give off t-rays.
- He has consulted at most of the storage ring projects around the world, many of which have installed Halbach design undulators and wigglers.
1.3US informal A mosquito larva.
- As summer advances, the proportion of feathers in the gumbo increases, and so does the flotsam of shed skins of mosquito wigglers and dragonflies and frogs, and the floating corpses of minnows, tadpoles, and crabs.
- Larvae, also known as wigglers, are tiny, pale and move very fast on the surface of water, says May.
Words that rhyme with wigglergiggler, wriggler
Definition of wiggler in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.