A North American plant with large heart-shaped leaves and hairy leafstalks. Its aromatic root is used as a ginger substitute.
- Asarum canadense, family Aristolochiaceae
More example sentences
- In the first year Manning planted sixteen boxcar loads of rhododendron, mountain laurel, wild ginger, and ferns, all dug from the mountains of Virginia.
- Uterine-stimulating herbs, such as black cohosh, blue cohosh, achyranthes root, goldenseal, motherwort, wild ginger, and red raspberry leaf, have been used to induce labor.
- Hellebore foliage combines well with other shade-loving perennials like wild ginger, cyclamen or Pulmonaria, as well as with bulbs such as snowdrops or miniature daffodils.
Definition of wild ginger in:
- The British & World English dictionary