Definition of wild ginger in English:
A North American plant with large heart-shaped leaves and hairy leafstalks. Its aromatic root is used as a ginger substitute.
- Asarum canadense, family Aristolochiaceae
- In the first year Manning planted sixteen boxcar loads of rhododendron, mountain laurel, wild ginger, and ferns, all dug from the mountains of Virginia.
- Uterine-stimulating herbs, such as black cohosh, blue cohosh, achyranthes root, goldenseal, motherwort, wild ginger, and red raspberry leaf, have been used to induce labor.
- Hellebore foliage combines well with other shade-loving perennials like wild ginger, cyclamen or Pulmonaria, as well as with bulbs such as snowdrops or miniature daffodils.
Definition of wild ginger in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan