Definition of windburn in English:
Reddening and soreness of the skin caused by prolonged exposure to the wind.
- Remember to protect the baby's face from windburn and sunburn.
- A broad-spectrum sunscreen (one that protects against UVA and UVB rays) with SPF 30 or higher is a must; it can also protect against windburn.
- The feat was the subject of a BBC1 999 programme last week and he received the Queen's Commendation for Bravery in the Air for the 1998 feat, in which he suffered windburn to his eyes because of the speed of the descent.
windburned (also chiefly British windburnt) adjective
- Example sentences
- Now I am sunstruck, windburnt, and exhausted and I think I will have to take the little camera around in my vest in future.
- If your skin is windburned, sunburned or chapped, calm it with soap rich in soothing glycerin and aloe vera, and avoid bars with fragrances, which can further irritate the skin.
- Balls lip balm will help prevent and treat dry, chapped and windburned lips.
Definition of windburn in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.